Monday, June 23, 2008

Showing Mike Kennedy how to Slow Time Down!

Our ability to perform tasks is often compromised by our perception of time.

You change your perception and you enhance your ability to play music, to drive a car or even to perform your work.

In fact at work, oftentimes your perception of work can make you feel overwhelmed.
Here's a quick way you can change overwhelm into "that's do-able!
If you are thinking in terms of 4/4 time in music, rather than go into practicing it in slow motion, change the timing to 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and......

So now, you've increased the frame by doubling it and and your perception of the time you need has halved

It's almost like when you film in slow motion, you actually film it twice as fast and play it back at normal speed.




6 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

It's great you have a blog and I'm sure that you have lots of interesting things to say. The trick with a blog if you want people to read it, is to blog REGULARLY, even if it is something small. Good luck and enjoy the adventure.
deb

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Ok you've had long enough now, you HAVE to write something else!! go on just start, its not that scary! we want to hear what you are thinking!!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Hi Yogi,
I guess you might think I'm a nutter but I'll take the risk! I just wondered why you haven't written any more? You started off so good, make a beautiful blog and had a good intention, but haven't done any more! Why? Your intention was so great! I keep checking back, but you haven't written any more. I can't believe that it will be because you have nothing to say. You can make a contribution and I'm sure you do in your daily life. But why not contribute to a wider audience? You can have people all over the world reading your words. Please please try again. You could make a difference to someone.
deb

Phil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil said...

Hello Again Yogi I am not trying to put links all over your Blog but I changed the blog site where I uploaded your Videos and your Article.

I also added a Widget a player with my 2 blues Tracks just click the Play button and number 2 for the second track "Working Mans Blues"

Here is the new site Link
http://latestbreakinghotnews.blogspot.com/2010/06/yogi-martin-world-class-accordion.html

Cheers Phil Aka Stratplayer1

Phil said...

Hi Yogi Great to see you have a site and you need to keep blogging and writing; that is how it works :)

I would like to catch up- we have met at Uncle Bob's Birthday.

I can help you with your site if you like. Check out the article I did on you and Videos of you playing the Roland Fr7 on my site?

By the way check out my sounds as well, I have a raw recording of me playing the blues and no toys required...

Here is the new site Link
http://latestbreakinghotnews.blogspot.com/2010/06/yogi-martin-world-class-accordion.html

Thank you Yogi for your contribution to society and the entertainment.

all the best Philip Randall